Quick Poll is released under GPLv2 license.
Quick Poll Demo
Poll in progress with pie chart results
Quick Poll is modern WordPress plugin allowing you to host interactive voting polls on your WordPress site or blog. What separates Quick Poll from other voting poll solutions is level of WordPress integration and control you have over this open source plugin. Quick Poll is using modern WordPres versions support for custom post types to control voting polls in the same familiar manner as you control regular posts and pages. Since Quick Poll is software protected by GPLv2 open source license, you have total freedom in using and modifying Quick Poll code. On top of that by paying download and support fee you get one year of plugin updates and one year of my support to easily integrate Quick Poll into your blog or site.
Here are some of the features of Quick Poll WordPress voting polls plugin:
- Self hosted solution, all voting poll data is stored inside your own WordPress database under your own control. Self hosted also means unlimited number of voting polls and voters.
- Voting poll results can be presented using two chart types, column chart and pie chart.
- You can use color picker to customize colors used to display voting poll results for both poll results chart types.
- You can use expiry date and time picker to choose when will your voting poll end.
- You can create two voting poll types, one to allow single option selection and other to allow multiple option selection.
- Quick Poll comes with two sidebar widgets. You can use Featured Poll widget to display one voting poll per widget instance in your blog or site sidebar. You can use Recent Polls widget to display selected number of recently published polls.
- Quick Poll comes with shortcode allowing you to place your voting polls anywhere into your existing or future posts or pages. On your new post screen Quick Poll ads convenient button allowing you to quickly insert shortcode for one of your existing voting polls.
- Quick Poll is using custom post type WordPress feature to publish and edit voting polls in the same familiar manner as you control regular posts and pages.
- While creating your voting polls you can save poll drafts, add voting poll excerpt and publish voting poll or configure it to be published automatically at future date.
- Your voting polls can be sorted using familiar system of WordPress tags and categories.
- Voting poll data can be manually adjusted by staff from poll edit screen
- Quick Poll supports voting poll archive. Voting poll archive can be filtered based on poll publishing date. You can even create custom WordPress theme template file for your poll archive pages. Quick Poll can automatically place your poll archive link inside your pages or categories menu.
- In addition to displaying voting polls using sidebar widget and shortcode, each voting poll gets its own page where users can vote, review results or leave their poll comments. You can even create custom WordPress theme template file for your voting poll pages.
- Quick Poll can detect poll voters country (using my free and open source WordPress plugin Quick Flag). Quick Poll can also detect voters browser and operating system. Using this information Quick Poll creates detailed poll voters statistics for each voting poll.
- User interface is translation friendly (currently translation template and Croatian translation file provided)
- Quick Poll supports PHP caching WordPress plugins like WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache.
- At least: PHP 5.2
- At least: WordPress 3.6
- Tested up to: WordPress 4.5.3
- Current version: Quick Poll 1.15
Quick Poll can be installed using integrated WordPress plugin installer
- Go to your admin dashboard -> Plugins > Add New.
- Under Upload, click browse and select Quick Poll zip package.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
- Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
- Have fun hosting voting polls on your WordPress site or blog.
FAQ is currently empty.
If you need more info about Quick Poll you can use following form or post your comment here and I'll answer as soon as possible. If you need support for your Quick poll installation you can also use this form, but please include your PayPal transaction ID and I'll provide you with support within 24 hours from your support request.
- Make IP based multiple voting protection optional and off by default
- Deal with SSL enabled WordPress installations
- Use official jQuery CDN for jQueryUI admin css
- Add feature to adjust poll vote count from poll edit screen
- Update jQuery Flot to 0.8.2
- Add tilt and shadow to pie chart
- jQuery 1.9+ compatibility
- Workaround extra 'undefined' entry bug
- Add "Color used to draw chart axes and chart legend" admin option
- Load jQuery UI CSS from CDN
- Fix loading style sheet from theme directory
- Load excanvas using ajax. Use jquery.browser to detect IE
- Fix C14N adding extra body tags to pages or categories
- Make Quick Poll work better with SSL related plugins installed.
- Initial release.
Quick Poll is free ("free" as in "free speech", not as in "free beer") and open source software. Quick Poll download and 1 year of premium customer support and software updates costs 20$.