Quick Chat is released under GPLv2 license.
Quick Chat Demo
WordPress has given a lot to the Linux community and to me personally so I've decided to give something back by making WordPress plugin for all of us to use. We all like to chat so I've decided to extend WordPress with quick and lightweight Ajax chat plugin. I've also decided to name this WordPress plugin "Quick Chat".
Here are some of the features of Quick Chat WordPress chat plugin:
- New in v4.10: Implement automatic private messages and chat rooms daily cleanup using WordPress cron API
- Add PHP caching WordPress plugins like WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache compatibility (See FAQ for more)
- Add feature to configure which WordPress user role has Quick Chat moderator capability
- Avoid losing CSS customizations after Quick Chat update (See FAQ for more)
- Supports Quick Flag WordPress plugin to display country flag icons next to chat nicknames
- You can set timeout for disabling updates to inactive user
- Translating Quick Chat into your language is simple using Quick Chat online translation interface
- Supports multiple private 1 on 1 chat sessions
- Can filter bad words from your chat rooms
- Admin users can easily download chat room transcripts
- Besides gravatar.com avatars, local avatar plugins are also supported
- Includes admin dashboard widget to chat with other admin users from your site backend
- Has message input box character counter to limit message size
- Allows admin users to instantly ban chat participant IP from chat
- Has chat participants list for both sidebar and embedded chat
- Site registered users can have their chat nicknames reserved
- Site admins can reserve additional list of chat nicknames
- Supports incoming messages sound notification for modern browsers
- Supports unlimited number of separate chat rooms
- User interface is translation friendly (translation template, Croatian, Italian, Czech, Romanian, Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, German, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Estonian, French, Finnish and Welsh (some partial) translation files provided)
- Integrates with WordPress user accounts to use login name as chat nickname
- Comes with quality set of emoticons to spice up your chat experience
- Saves your website bandwidth by sending AJAX requests only when there are new messages
- PHP 5
- Requires at least: WordPress 3.0
- Tested up to: WordPress 3.4
- Current version: Quick Chat 4.12
You can find up to date installation instructions on Quick Chat WordPress.org installation page.
You can find up to date FAQ on Quick Chat WordPress.org FAQ page.
You can find up to date change log on Quick Chat WordPress.org changelog page.
One of the ways to help spread Quick Chat is by translating it into your language or updating existing translation by translating untranslated strings. To make it easier for you to translate Quick Chat to your language I've configured Quick Chat online translation interface using open source application named GlotPress. Using GlotPress hosted on TechyTalk.info you can translate Quick Chat into your own language without the need for any additional tools. My plan is to download translation files before every Quick Chat release and include them into official Quick Chat package. This way your translation files will be available to you and to all Quick Chat users right out the box.
To keep translation files free of spam, before you are able to translate you need to register for TechyTalk.info user account. Then you can log into Quick Chat online translation interface using the following link:
I would like to thank all users who have manually submitted Quick Chat translation files. From the technical point of view I will think about ways to continue giving credit to all existing translation authors as well as new translators now that Quick Chat is using GlotPress for translation.
Quick Chat is open source web application created by single person and released under GPLv2 license. This means that you can use or even modify Quick Chat free of charge. Open source development and user support for my WordPress plugins takes at least few hours of my every day so if you find Quick Chat useful you can donate to help it's development. Thanks in advance.
Your feedback would be very appreciated. If you discover any bugs please describe your problem here or using Contact form and I will do my best to resolve it. Feature requests and comments are also welcome and I will try to fulfill any feature requests.
Quick Chat stable version
Quick Chat is hosted by official WordPress plugin directory so that is where you can get it:
Quick Chat next version
If you have time and want to help making Quick Chat better you can test Quick Chat testing versions on your server and post feedback. Quick Chat version posted here will be uploaded to WordPress.org once it is reasonably stable.
Not yet available.
- Not yet available.
- Not yet available.
Quick Chat old versions
If latest Quick Chat version isn't working for you, here you can find download links to some of the older Quick Chat versions. I recommend that you use latest version if possible: